• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pilot Rock...September 10th.

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Myself and a few friends are planning to mess around on the boulders around the Pilot Rock area(Silverwood Lake) on the 10th of September. We may or may not camp that night, but anyone who is interested is more than welcome to come.

Post up here with times you are available and I'll try to make some decisions about exactly what we are gonna do.

Hey John,

Where is Silverwood? What is it like? I may be able to go, if I am settled in to my new house.

Thanks,
Robert

Hey John,

If ya run across a white 97+ fender flare while you're there, pick it up for me.

Thanks,

TIM

rpraterxj said:
Hey John,

Where is Silverwood? What is it like? I may be able to go, if I am settled in to my new house.

Thanks,
Robert

Silverwood lake is a state recreation area about 15 east of I-15 on highway 138.

Near cajon pass.

The road I want to take is a difficult section with lots of hillclimbs and large boulders. However...Anybody can go because there are many bypass roads for the hard spots.

I am also considering camping Saturday night somewhere in the area.

Thanks John.

I would love to go. It all depends on how my move goes.
I will keep an eye on the post and let you know.

Thanks,

Robert

I will be posting specifics in about a week.

I am planning on meeting somewhere near the trailhead around 9am Saturday. I figure we should be done wheellin by about 4pm...unless I decide to stay the night.

More to come...

Okay...here goes.

I will be meeting at the DelTaco at the 138/15 intersection at 7:30 am. I will be there until 8am, then we will head up the highway to the trail head (location #1 on map), which should take about 30 minutes. I will wait at the trail head until 9am. ANYONE is more than welcome to join me at either location. We will head up the trail to the right to Pilot Rock, and goof off a little on the boulders. Then I plan to back track to the west and follow the road north to the 173. I will not be spending the night as there seems to be no interest in that from any of my friends. Trip should take most of the day, and I expect to be back well before dark.

We will be stopping frequently for pictures, video, drinks, and I plan to BBQ some hotdogs or burgers for lunch....If you want to chip in for lunch, let me know and I'll bring enough for you.

bgwsd2.jpg

I will be on CB channel 19 and my wifes cell number is 909-919-0513.

Minimum Requirements...

Tow points of some kind...although you shouldn't need them unless your motor quits.
Water...to drink
Food....to eat
Tow Strap is handy
Fire Extinguishers are good
235/75/15...absolute minimum
Spare tire.
CB would be good.

Nothing is 100% required...but you get the idea.

Please post up when you know for sure you're coming, and let me know where you'll meet us at...so we don't leave you!

SOunds like a fun day. Unfortunately, I am moving that day and can not make it. I hope you guys have a fun, safe time.

Bent said:
Hey John,

If ya run across a white 97+ fender flare while you're there, pick it up for me.

Thanks,

TIM

That's a front passenger side flare.

TIM

JohnX said:
You think I'll find more than one?
:dunno: Well it could happen.

JohnX said:
Why don't you come and look with us?

I'm really hoping the XJ is on jack stands about then. :repair:

JohnX said:
Okay...here goes.

We will be stopping frequently for pictures, video, drinks, and I plan to BBQ some hotdogs or burgers for lunch....If you want to chip in for lunch, let me know and I'll bring enough for you.
Don't forget to pick up a fire permit at the ranger station. You'll need it for the BBQ. They allow propane or gel gas, but no charcoal. FYI. :chef:

saki669 said:
Don't forget to pick up a fire permit at the ranger station. You'll need it for the BBQ. They allow propane or gel gas, but no charcoal. FYI. :chef:
Thanks for the heads up, I have one already, but nobody seemed interested so I decided on some sandwiches instead.

JohnX said:
Okay...here goes.

I will be meeting at the DelTaco at the 138/15 intersection at 7:30 am. I will be there until 8am, then we will head up the highway to the trail head (location #1 on map), which should take about 30 minutes. I will wait at the trail head until 9am. ANYONE is more than welcome to join me at either location. We will head up the trail to the right to Pilot Rock, and goof off a little on the boulders. Then I plan to back track to the west and follow the road north to the 173. I will not be spending the night as there seems to be no interest in that from any of my friends. Trip should take most of the day, and I expect to be back well before dark.

I will be on CB channel 19 and my wifes cell number is 909-919-0513.

Minimum Requirements...

Tow points of some kind...although you shouldn't need them unless your motor quits.
Water...to drink
Food....to eat
Tow Strap is handy
Fire Extinguishers are good
235/75/15...absolute minimum
Spare tire.
CB would be good.

Nothing is 100% required...but you get the idea.

Please post up when you know for sure you're coming, and let me know where you'll meet us at...so we don't leave you!

This plan is unchanged for tommorrow (except the BBQ is cancelled, sandwiches for me!). Hope to see some people there.

Back