• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mile Marker og Warn freewheeling hub?

dana44

NAXJA Forum User
Need some help!
What should I choose? Warn or Mile Marker free wheeling hubs for my XJ D30? The Mile Marker is a bit cheaper, but the Warn kit includes alloy shafts......
Thanks in advance!
Arnt H. Andresen
Trondheim, Norway

Based on trail experience, the Warn is a stronger hub. I have friends who run the Mile Marker hubs on purpose so they have a better chance to break a hub than an axle.

I will only run Warn.

I ve had the WARN for about 2 years and run 33s with no problems. You will love them, when I did mine it was like riding in a whole different rig. I was able to get my castor at 6* and everything just felt smoother and I accually got a little better gas millage. Just got to get used to turning those hubs :)

Mile Marker

I just finished the MM kit install. I love it so far. I have only put about 100 miles on it. The hubs come from a the same kit for the Bronco II. But if I am not mistaken the Warn Hubs should work unless the spline count onm the stub shaft is different. it looks pretty stought. But you do have to do some work to the rotors to make the wheel bearing assembly fit. Over all I guess it all depends on how hard you wheel your Jeep. mine is mostly a daily driver with some mild off roading that can get rough sometimes. I like the benefit of being able to unlock the hubs for highway driving. I have notice a lot smoother ride with them unlocked.:D

There really is NO question here. WARN is the answer. I ran the Warn hub conversion for the last year on 35's and wheeled it pretty hard, never broke anything. The fit is perfect, the alloy stubs are way strong and with alloy inners you wont break anything except the D30 itself. My only regret is that I built the hell out of my D30 and then upgraded to a D44 cause I had to sell all the D30 stuff & lost lots of money on it.

http://www.rockxj.com/images/wreckingball.jpg

Thanks!
Does the Warn and the Mile Marker hubs fit the original wheels from Jeep??? I have bought new rims, and they would have to be sold if I'm gonna afford a free wheeling hub for my front D30. Here in Norway the Warn hubs cost 1.200$ and the MileMarker hubs are sold at 600$, but the Warn kit has alloy shafts included..
Arnt H. Andresen
Trondheim, Norway

Yes, the original Jeep wheels fit. NOTE: Warn sells two kits -- the one for the stock wheels is the one for a 5 x 4.5" bolt circle. The other kit they offer is for 5 x 5.5" bolt circle.

Note also what Haligen wrote -- both kits require that you modify the front rotors to fit over the new hubs.

Eagle said:
Yes, the original Jeep wheels fit. NOTE: Warn sells two kits -- the one for the stock wheels is the one for a 5 x 4.5" bolt circle. The other kit they offer is for 5 x 5.5" bolt circle.

Actually NO the stock wheels will not fit, not because of bolt pattern but because of the center hole. The Warn kit's hub has a larger center than a stock hub and will not fit inside the stock wheel center. You'll need some aftermarket wheels, I used black steel rockcrawler wheels and they fit just fine. You'll also need to either have your rotors opened up to fit the hub or get some new rotors that are already opened up from Tri County Gear. This extra expense adds up, I spent more than $1100 doing my hub conversion, not including the inner Warn axleshafts.

vintagespeed said:
Actually NO the stock wheels will not fit, not because of bolt pattern but because of the center hole. The Warn kit's hub has a larger center than a stock hub and will not fit inside the stock wheel center.

Shame on me for not knowing that. Is this true for the MM kit as well? If it is, that means I won't be converting my hubs. Not only do I like the stock rims, I have a lifetime of stock steel and alloy rims around here. Not about to spend more $$ on after-market.

The MM comes with allloy sharts like the warn so for half the price its a great deal and the weekest part of each one is the hub witch is basicaly the same. As for wheels why not machine out a set of stock wheels? would it real weaken them any?

The MM kit does say that certain stock wheels will not fit but it does not specify except that you need to measure. I also used the rockcrawler wheels with a perfect fit. And it is my understanding that the outer shafts are also alloy on the MM kit. Again I cant see why you would pay soo much for the Warn kit when yoou can get the MM. Unless the cost of the warn hubs are the difference in price. Because that is the only difference the kit. I am just curerious if the Warn hubs fit the MM kit. And if so how much are the hubs? Would it be better to buy the MMkit and put on Warn hubs later? Just some thoughts.

The locking hub probably does fit, I've heard that small-size Bronco II hubs will also fit. I never broke one, but I did buy a spare and they're $79 per.

I try not to bash products I haven't tried so I wont comment on the MM kit, but when I bought a winch I wanted one I could count on when I really needed it..........I bought a Warn.

Well for me the bottom ine is that i pyed $640.00 for my Kit and i am very happy with it. As for what everyone else should use, MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Back