• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Flares on a xj

BrianGibson

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and did not find anything
Dose any one have a write up on how to do this

I have a question about the front flares on your XJ..... Do they bolt directly into the side of your Jeep or do they have some kind of mounting bracket that the fenders mount on to? The reason I am asking this is because i am shopping around for a used set of fenders and I want to make sure that when I buy a used set I am getting everything that I need for the conversion.

Thanks,
Jamie

Anyone with a 2 door do it? Pictures?

Ghost said:
Anyone with a 2 door do it? Pictures?

Any excuse to throw up a gettin' it shot. :D
Sidewinder2.jpg

Jes

Thanks to Lisa Couch for the pic.

The fronts bolt right to the fender. Use the TJ flare as a template, cut out the fender and bolt it on using the holes that are already in the flare. You have to be a little more creative on the rears though.

HTH, Dan

Cut the "lip" off the flare so you can mount it flush. I used blots in the front and screws in the back, with plenty on polyurthane sealer to help hold them on.

Rev

Jeepbeach2.bmp

how about a 4door, any close up pix of the rear, in fact ANY pix of the rear

When you cut, I recommend cutting a little bit less, then making an incission every so often (as little as needed) and fold it up in order to strengthen the fender a bit. This is a bit tricky cause you gotta make the fold work right with the flare, but it is possible. I don't have any pics as I did mine but I have pics of the
"after"

I recommend using sheet metal sheers or some recommend air saw. I also definately have to say that cutoff wheel or a sawzall are a bad idea as I played with both and comparing to the other two, they give you a terrible cut.

Back