• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indestructable Redneck Fender Flares

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
OK bear with me...I've been up since 0330 and I am fading fast...

Since I am the lucky owner of two low-mile 33x12.50 MTs that are ruined beyond any hope of repair (and I am too fat for a 15" tire swing) ...here's my idea:

Jigsaw the sidewall maybe at approx 15" radius, then saw each in half along the circumfrence at the c/l of the tread

That leaves me with 4ea 6.25" wide x 112" (approx) flares :D

Slit the sidewalls to allow them to be straightened, and attach to the fenders with .25"dia x .75"l nuts & bolts with washers.

Presto... :cool: new flares that are built to take abuse, yet springy enough to laugh at rocks (well at least laugh down at the rocks that got them there)

What y'all think? :viking: or :anon:

Thanks

It sounds good....I saw something similar on "the new TNN" show power block.. Only they paid for thier flares( pretty expensive too), and were made out of a plastic/rubber.

Where's the smilie of the back of a guy with a sunburnt neck when ya need it?? ;) :D :angel:

You're kidding, right?

Yeah Woody, they should work just fine. But GEEZ, THEY WOULD BE UGLY!

Even those tacky, universal, bend-to-fit fender-flares-on-a-roll look better than that bud!

But, to each his own. Maybe the chick will dig it, who knows?

Back