• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clunking from the rear

millerJoop79

NAXJA Forum User
after i have driven for about 15 mins than i come to a stop, i take off and theres a horrible clunking coming from the rear end that sounds awful and feels just as bad too. Im pretty sure it might be a wheel bearing but i figured it cant hurt to ask if anyone else has had this kind of problem before i go rippin into her. its a 98 with 160k. thanks

I say the NOTORIOUS rear brake lock up. Mine does it constantly, there is alot of information on here about it. I tried every kind of pad known to man, even ordered some from London England, and still they stick when I stop and when I acclerate again it sounds like something hitting or clunking against the bottom of the rig.... Try using antiseeze on the contacts of the rear pads, I did and it lasted for a few weeks but once or twice in the mud and it comes back.

Back