• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 4.0L HO PCM Question?

tazz

NAXJA Forum User
I was having some problems with the truck and figgure that is was the PCM.
So I got a new one from the scrappers. The only differance is the doaner truck had a different transfer case , was a 1994, and had cruse.
Now my old PCM was dated 06/12/91 with part #56027448.
And the new one is 08/02/93 with part #56027887.
Now they sould be ok right?
It starts and runs great with it in but I just wanna be sure it's gonna be ok!
Thanx!!

Anyone have any Idea?

Thanx thats what I was thinking as well.

heres the PCM deal, ive gone though this w/ my 96, and it was a nightmare

as far as ive been told

91-95 are interchangable, as long as the tranny's and tcase's match
96-01 are NOT interchangable, theyre are a specific set of numbers that are interchangable for each vehicle

tealcherokee said:
as far as ive been told

91-95 are interchangable, as long as the tranny's and tcase's match
Realy?
Everything is fine so far?
I think the only thing was the transfer case. See mine is the 242 I think? It has 4 wheel part time,4 wheel full time, and 4 low. And it had 2 high, 4 high, and 4 low, which ever one that is.
But I hear of people switching transfer cases and not doing anything with the computer.
Also I thought the tranny computer was another unit under the pass side dash?
I could be wrong though. Still kinda new to the 4x4 thing!
Everything is fine in 2 wheel drive so far, but still yet to try 4x4?
Can anyone clear this up for me?
PLEASE

The type of transfer case you have won't affect the engine computer's operation so you can rest assured your new PCM will do fine. As long as the tranny is the same type all '91-'95 PCM's are interchangeable.

SWEET!
Thanx Dr. Dyno Thats what I wanted to hear!!
Thanx again!

the transfer case is a physical shift, the PCM wont do anything about it working, but dash lights might not come on right, a part time case computer, might not put the full time light on

I'll try that tonight and let you know.

tealcherokee said:
but dash lights might not come on right, a part time case computer, might not put the full time light on
The dash lights work fine with this set-up.
No problems YET!

Back