• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Next XJ Build

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
Well, I have my new ( to me ) 1990 XJ and I am ready to start the build up.

I just received my RE 5.5 lift in the mail today and am going to keep my other XJ to take all of the parts off of it...

I decided to start a blog to document the build up. I started with an intro because I hve other (non 4x4 people - family) who I'll have read it from back east.

Here it is:
http://imortl-xj.blogspot.com/

I will get to the Goals in the next post...

Ken

Hey cant i take my turn at being a cyber geek?

Thats sweet. Good idea with the blog, and you actually write it to keep attention too, looks good. I'll be checking in on the build up.

Good luck!

IMORTL said:
Hey cant i take my turn at being a cyber geek?

Cyber is a nice twist.

:wave:

TIM
:laugh3:

Very well done Ken!

I guess i'm just a little confused as to why you are building a new jeep up? I saw you mentioned something about wanting A/C and all in the blog, and needing $1500 in a/c work? I have trouble thinking about where you'd find $1500 in a/c parts even if you bought it new at the dealer, let alone off of a junker.

sintax said:
I guess i'm just a little confused as to why you are building a new jeep up? I saw you mentioned something about wanting A/C and all in the blog, and needing $1500 in a/c work? I have trouble thinking about where you'd find $1500 in a/c parts even if you bought it new at the dealer, let alone off of a junker.
To get my old XJ's A/C working I would Have needed a new compressor, condensing unit, some other part that is needed (I forgot what it was) and new hoses and the system used the old R-12 freon. The old jeep also needs a new wiring harness and it is leaking oil. The jeep I bought (1990) was new to me. And that’s what I am building up… the quote was for $1200 to get the A/C running... I rounded up to $1500

Back