PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Who's Serious' Thread.

ECKSJAY
July 1st, 2003, 18:02
Well, since we need a count to make this all official and finalized (to send the Chapter application in...this forum is just preliminary stuff) why doesn't everyone post here as a show of who is interested. They tell me that the updated Chapter rules are coming out within the next couple of weeks.

I ask that you guys post once in this thread and just say whether you a) do want to be a part and b) whether you are already a NAXJA member, membership is pending, or if you plan on joining.

Of course you know *I* am interested!
My Membership is pending. :D

Glenn B
July 1st, 2003, 18:35
Of course, I am interested. :)

.....But we all knew that. :)

a) Yes

b) Yes, am a Member

Glenn

cherokeekid
July 2nd, 2003, 00:11
a) interested

b) plan on joining:anon:

lucasxj
July 2nd, 2003, 00:54
very interested! just tell me how to join!

Dawg Cherokee
July 2nd, 2003, 00:56
My membership is pending, sent in over the weekend, so count me in.

Ben

'91 Laredo (no a/c), 4" Trailmaster w/ 31" T/As; Tru-Tracs front and rear; Warn x8000i on an Olympic bumper; Olympic dual tube rock rails; skid plates; custom paint just below the new "custom" 1/4 panel dent; JKS disconnects.

jimbar
July 2nd, 2003, 18:43
I'm in ... Sending the PayPal version in a few minutes.

PNWXJ
July 2nd, 2003, 23:17
hell ya Im in...just got to join and figure out how to join....

Tim:anon:

XJourney
July 3rd, 2003, 00:57
Phil you know I am serious.
I have been known to drive long ways to strangers houses to start a club.

pnwxj are you my alterego?

Hans

JJ13
July 3rd, 2003, 02:19
Hell Yeah I am interested... especially since I just got a job and will have money again to finish building my Jeep. Been a year and a half since I worked, I think I forgot how.

P.S. I am a member allready

Roverbill
July 9th, 2003, 23:57
I'm definantly interested. Am not a member yet, but would like to be. Don't know how active I would be being on the dry side of the state, but wouldn't mind heading west once and a while.

Bryan.

Erik
July 11th, 2003, 12:09
I'm interested, and already a member.

railroadjeep
July 14th, 2003, 01:13
I'm in, I sent my membership stuff in awhile ago and I hope to have the paperwork stuff here this week. Look forward to being part of NAXJA.

Chris O.

Willis
July 16th, 2003, 22:37
Yes, interested, and already a member.

I was wondering when you bunch of Yahoos (pun intended) would migrate this way. I like the PNWXJ list at Yahoo, for the long list of members you've gotten, and your family like camaraderie, but can't stand the Yahoo style forum, so didn't frequent there often. Welcome to NAXJA.

Steve

2xtreme
July 24th, 2003, 23:48
You can count me in. I am very interested and am already a member. I can not wait to do some wheeling with other xj's.

Michael

JKTXJ
July 31st, 2003, 23:54
Interested, YES! NAXJA member? Yes and no. My membership expired..., but I am going to rectify that soon.

Matt
August 4th, 2003, 09:58
I am in if it firms up - lets hit the dirt soon!

woody
August 7th, 2003, 18:02
Hi Northwest guys & gals...

From counting heads here in this thread, it looks like IF everyone here who posted joins up, you have enough to get getting official. It seems that y'all have large majority of folks from WA and OR...I realize we (NAXJA) are underrepresented from the interior NW states as well as BC...don't be afraid to invite folks from the hinterlands :)

Once you have 14 interested NAXJA members, really all the NAXJA BOD needs is an application and a basic roster (name, member #, email addy is fine) of the chapter members. I really don't need one personally, but mail a hardcopy to Skorpyo/Tim at the club POB and also an emailed version to membership@naxja.org

Of course, prior to submitting, y'all have to elect a BOD from within your ranks (and add their contact info on the roster)

Some tips for Chapter BOD selection and overall Chapter operations:

*Really all ya need is a Pres, VP, and Recorder/Treasurer...some chapters have the Rec and Tres seperate, some don't :dunno:

*Consider nominating folks who have some prior leadership experience, and/or time in NAXJA. While it isn't mandatory, it may help, at least for the incubation period and the first year.

*Be mindful of the NAXJA mission...we pretty much let the chapters do their own thing, but it seems that the 4x4 nuts seems to surface twds the top. Remember that we try to accomodate everyone from the hardcore 4 wheelers to the moms & pops who barely get into 4 hi.

*MOST IMPORTANTLY! Have fun :) This club is (supposed to be) all about fun. The chapters came about to fill a need for local/regional (fun) things to do, and a chance to meet & interact with close-by folks you yak at on the boards. Sometimes it takes work (overt & behind the scenes) to keep the fun going on... don't be afraid to volunteer to help out even if you may not be interested in a BOD position. The more people you have interested, the easier it'll be to get little things done...(teamwork)

Thanks for showing interest in forming a NAXJA Chapter, and don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other BOD/Chapter BODs for advice, pointers, etc... with 5 other chapters, there is probably 5 different ways things are getting done. Some are probably better than others at it, but that's for y'all to sort out amongst yourselves :)

2xtreme
August 11th, 2003, 12:53
Thanks Woody for the input.

Sounds to me like we need to get one of these meetings together with at least 15-20 people minimum.

I have offered a Community Center that I have access to (Marysville, WA(30min north of Seattle)) but I am open for anything. I just want to do what I can to help get this thing started!!

I was thinking in middle of September (on a saturday afternoon). I think we need to find a date and get a turn out to get going.

Other thoughts,
Michael

JJ13
August 12th, 2003, 01:28
That may be a little to far of a drive for anyone coming form Oregon (if there is any). We should probably get a count of people who are going to attend and centrally locate the meeting. Just a thought, I am pretty easy (wherever you guys would like). I could find somewhere in Longview to hold a meeting as well.

2xtreme
August 12th, 2003, 10:31
I got the impression that the vast majority were from around the seattle area, there are are several from Or, ID, eastern WA but the bulk are from the Seattle area. If it would be more convenient for those folks we could try something like Ellensberg or spokane also (I like longview but it only helps the Or folks and not eastern WA or ID and it is a little more difficult to get to from the East), my main concern is getting enought people to attend and if the bulk of the people are coming from seattle, then getting as many to attend too far from there might be more difficult.

I am up for anything, I just want to see this thing start to gain some speed and meet each other so that we can get the ball rolling sooner rather than latter.

Michael

ECKSJAY
August 12th, 2003, 20:50
Yeah I think it'd be very difficult for us to centrally locate so everyone can come. I think our original gathering idea was more for a mixer to meet other area folks. Would be kinda cool if the OR, ID, and WA peeps could meet at three different locations and teleconference. :) Maybe we have folks in each group who have access to that type of setup? :D

At any rate, I'm in agreement with Woody. We've got quite a few folks in the region interested and I think that if folks are ready to go with it then let's get those memberships in. I've got two more whom I'm waiting on who aren't on the boards so much. I think I'll start another thread for folks to post as they become members.

Dawg Cherokee
August 13th, 2003, 15:05
Not trying to make things more difficult, but we might want to see if there is a preference for the get together to be on a Sunday vs. Saturday.

Glenn B
August 15th, 2003, 18:56
North Bend? Or the Soqualamie (however you spell that danged thing) pass is central to the Seattle folk...and not too hard of a drive for most on the West Side. A bit of a drive for folks past Moses Lake and East though.

I like Ellensburg too... maybe slightly less central..... but isn't there a trail or two close by?
Glenn

ECKSJAY
August 15th, 2003, 19:45
Originally posted by Glenn Baker
I like Ellensburg too... maybe slightly less central..... but isn't there a trail or two close by?
Glenn

Gotta be careful...a lot of the areas are closed to all activity right now because of fire danger. Super dry stuff around. :(

Glenn B
August 15th, 2003, 19:55
Yes.... very true. I have to be careful where I smoke at my house.
Glenn

railroadjeep
August 16th, 2003, 00:56
I'm no expert, but relativly near to Ellensburg is Liberty where's there's a nice trail system (like #310, my first taste of REAL wheeling) and then the Tanuem Creek-Buck Meadows-Manastash area where Moon & Funny rocks are. The latter is a cool area, been there a buncha times.
Theres some decent options for hotels and food in/around Ellensburg courtesy of the truck stops and CWU being in town. There's also a nice selection for camping. I got a bunch I liturature for that area since it's one of my favorite getaway spots.
Just thought I'd throw in my .02 worth.

Chris O.

jimbar
August 16th, 2003, 10:33
Central location sounds good to me. Personally I like the Cle-Elum / Tanuem Creek area idea, all someone needs to do is check to see if they're open. There is some desert wheelin in the Quilmine area near Kititias (spelling?) that would be different. And what about an overnighter? We'd better figure this thing out fast or the summer will be over.

ECKSJAY
August 17th, 2003, 03:39
Originally posted by jimbar
We'd better figure this thing out fast or the summer will be over.

I think that letting the Summer run out was the idea. :D

Jeff S.
August 22nd, 2003, 11:42
I am interested. Not a member yet, but plan on doing it this weekend. :cool:

NinjaPlumber
September 1st, 2003, 09:14
You can count me in!!!!!! I am filling out the membership form as we speak.......well type...

a4x4freak
September 6th, 2003, 23:05
You can count me in and yes I am a member