• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for 3.90 gears

BLUTO

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a set of 3.90 to 3.93 gears for my front and rear axles. My front is a Dana 30 (reverse rotation?) and my rear axle is a Dana 35C. I presently have 3.54 gears w/open diffs. and will be adding posi/ltd slip front and rear. My tires are NEW ProComp AT's 31 x 10.5 x 15 (30.2" tall). I lost a little power and milage in upgrading from my 28.25" tall 225 x 70 x 16 GoodYears.
I've searched some of the retailers and found I can get 3.73 OR 4.10 gears, but no 3.90 gears :confused:
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BLUTO :)

2000 XJ Limited, 3"OME lift, 31" x 10.5" x 15" on Canyon rims ProComp AT's, AW4, stock otherwise (for now)

Dont bother with 3.90s. I went through the same dilema, and for what you are doing, 4.10s are best. I have decided to go 4.56s and 32s now. Do a search and you will find some GREAT info.

Fergie

3.90 gears

One last question before doing a search.....My vehicle is a daily driver and sees >30 miles of freeway speeds everyday. I won't be doing a lot of rock crawling or mud-bogging, since I'm counting on getting to work and back with the same vehicle. Q) Will the 4.10's be KILLING my gas milage? Or will there be no negligable difference between 3.90 and 4.10?
Thanx,
BLUTO :)

BTW....I did notice that the 4.10's were considerably cheaper than other ratios ;)

Buddy at school has the 3.73 and they are still to low as his doesn't usually use overdrive cause theres not enough power to keep the speed up. 4.10 are about 20 rpms higher then the stock ratio at any given speed so it should be pretty much dead on with stock.

Back