• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure sender thread type

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
i called Napa and they said the sender is 90$, i just got an autometer gauge for my other project, and the oil pressure sender came with it, do you know if i can use that with the stock chrysler one? will they provide same type of information to the gauge?

What year XJ? Chrysler reversed the polarity on the gauges from what AMC used, so it does make a difference.

To answer the question as posted (sensor thread type...) it's 1/8" NPT - I know this because I made "T" fittings for mine, which allowed me to add a QD test port for my mechancal gage.

For the sensor's electrical activity, we do need to know the year, since (as Eagle mentioned) ChryCo didn't like the GM sensor that AMC used...

AMC = All Makes Compatible.

5-90

I bought a sender last week for my 96 from AutoZone; it was under $25, and has the same calibration as the factory one. (The old one was leaking).

Here's something I thought veryyyyy strange. The AutoZone part was made in China --gasp----, but it looked identical, and I mean identical to the old one with the Chrysler logo. Even down to the type plastic and mold markings. Could it be the stock Chrysler parts are made in China?

98xj, sorry i forgot to include that info

Runnin'OnEmpty said:
I bought a sender last week for my 96 from AutoZone; it was under $25, and has the same calibration as the factory one. (The old one was leaking).

Here's something I thought veryyyyy strange. The AutoZone part was made in China --gasp----, but it looked identical, and I mean identical to the old one with the Chrysler logo. Even down to the type plastic and mold markings. Could it be the stock Chrysler parts are made in China?
All auto parts are made in other countries. The car with the most American made parts in 2004 was Toyota with 50%

Camaros were produced in Canada for a while and Mustangs in Mexico...While Nissans, Mercedes, BMWs, Hondas, and Toyotas are moving ashore to America...not every vehicle from those brands is made here, but they each have at least one American factory.

I got a sender from advance auto for 15 dollars, we had 3 choices and that was the most expensive one naturally, It was for my 91 with the gauge not the light

Back