• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ball joint tool

StuckXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on replacing my ball joints, probibly one side this week then the other next if things dont go smoothly. But after reading some threads and the write up by madxj, I was worried that the press was not going to work and I break it. The last thing i need is to by a crappy broken tool. So does this http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...JEEP|~CHEROKEE+4WD|~1992|~3+MO|~NONE|~NONE|~B
press sound good? it sais it has a few adapters...
Thanks in advance.
PS If i could I'd just buy the tool but im goin off to college and tring to save my $$ (hence fixin my car myself)

Note that not all Autozones have the ball joint tool. A few don't even loan them, but have you buy it with a refund when you return it.

I purchased my own top quality unit and it was expensive. Fortunately, it's already paid for itself.

However, just to give you an idea as to what you are getting into, go to this site www.madxj.com , click on Technical at the top left, then select Axle at the top of the screen, then scroll down the center until you get to the Installing Adjustable Ball Joints.

Removing these puppies is not as easy as it looks.

rstarch345 said:
A few don't even loan them, but have you buy it with a refund when you return it.

Thay have to have some way of forcing you to return the tool. If you don't have a credit card, yeah, it sucks because you'll need a hundred bucks or so to let them hold.

Back