• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ to MJ seat conversion

IUPxj94

NAXJA Forum User
so i descided that i was going to take the benchout of my mj and put the buckets out of my xj in the mj. i got all the of the seats taken out and the sliders and brackets off the seats just to figure out that the sliders and brackets dont match the other seats. i know there has been may of discussions about this topic here but i cant seem to find any answers. is there some that can explain to me in detail how they got this to work? or maybe supply some pictures to make the process easier?

the big problem lies in that the xj sliders are held on by four bolts and the mj brackets are held on by two. then the bolt pattern for the mj brackets are about six inches too long to fit into the xj mounting holes! i am soo confused right now i think i am just going to make my own brackets but then i wont have sliders.

please help

thanks

dave

IUPxj94 said:
so i descided that i was going to take the benchout of my mj and put the buckets out of my xj in the mj. i got all the of the seats taken out and the sliders and brackets off the seats just to figure out that the sliders and brackets dont match the other seats. i know there has been may of discussions about this topic here but i cant seem to find any answers. is there some that can explain to me in detail how they got this to work? or maybe supply some pictures to make the process easier?

the big problem lies in that the xj sliders are held on by four bolts and the mj brackets are held on by two. then the bolt pattern for the mj brackets are about six inches too long to fit into the xj mounting holes! i am soo confused right now i think i am just going to make my own brackets but then i wont have sliders.

please help

thanks

dave

Hey Dave I just did this swap last weekend. the only parts you need on the feet off of the bottom of the brackets. drill out the rivets on the feet and then break loose the spot welds, do the same on the xj bases. Then use 5/16" bolts to fasten the MJ feet to the XJ bases. then retack weld the feet onto the bases. time consuming but pretty simple. I will take a few pick of the bases installed in a few minutes after my camera recharges

Last edited:
xjnation said:
Hey Dave I just did this swap last weekend. the only parts you need on the feet off of the bottom of the brackets. drill out the rivets on the feet and then break loose the spot welds, do the same on the xj bases. Then use 5/16" bolts to fasten the MJ feet to the XJ bases. then retack weld the feet onto the bases. time consuming but pretty simple. I will take a few pick of the bases installed in a few minutes after my camera recharges

picture.JPG

picture.JPG
picture.JPG

for bolts I used cap bolts and too long, but I had em lying around

Back