• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emergency Brake Lever Cable Connection

Thayer

NAXJA Member #1255
Does anyone have a picture or can anyone describe the interface between the emergency brake cable that attaches to the hand lever? I'm trying to redo my cables and I'm not sure if the universal system by Lokar will work. Here is what their connection looks like, a little metal ball...

concab_blk.jpg

I came across that page, but my prob is a bit different. All my adjusting hardware is rusted solid and I did a rear disc brake swap, so I thought I should just go with a whole new system. I just don't know what kind of connector is at the lever. I guess I could go out and remove my center console to look, but I am beat after doing that rear disc swap in 95* heat.

All you should have to do is crawl under your XJ and you can see the lever comming out of the floor. I replaced my cables, and the bottom cable looks exactly like the factory replacements

Back