• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mig Weder not Feeding smoothly

I had to replace the wire guide on mine. After that it was a smooth as silk. First try adding in some pressure to the rollers so that they will be tighter on the wire feed. If that's not it then replace the wire guide. Mine was only $15.

Increase the pressure on the pinch roller and get a felt wire luber and add wire lube. It helps feed as well as actually cutting down on pop and splatter.

I try and lay the cable out as straight as possible, to tight of a bend can mess with the feed. Dirty nozzels can cause a short and mess with your amps, the wire wants to catch on the tip.
I finally got smart and learned to spray my nozzels and tips periodically with silicon. And I have a set of cleaning brushes (round brass) for the nozzle, removing the splatter and carbon buildup helps.
Make sure your feed wheel matches your wire size.
Check and see if you have a brake on the wire drum and/or if the wire is crossed up on the drum. Larger drums, work better than small ones.

BattyBlueXJ said:
I know some of migs have plastic but the horbort has a ribbed metal tube. Which would you say is better? I would think the plastic would feed smoother.
The plastic is mostly for non-ferrous wires, like aluminum. The ribbed metal is for steel wire.

BattyBlueXJ said:
THANK YOU guys it was just the tip of the welder and well something was wrong with the feed tube also but its working great now. Thanks so much!!!
that feed tube is not cheap or easy to replace. a bit of asvice everybody: DON'T STEP ON OR RUN OVER THE CORD WITH ANYTHING ON METAL CASTORS!!! or a new holland square baler for that matter. yup, learned that one the hard way.:laugh3:

Back