• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with oil gauge

lenny

NAXJA Forum User
I swapted clusters and the oil gauge is peg all the way to the right (H)
this morning when check the wire at the sender one more time I went in and turned the key on, and the oil gauge moved a little but towards the right not much.
besides a mouse in there has any one got ideas?
I changed all the sender units and everything works except the oil pressure gauge and the light when its in 4x4. the temp works and the tach and battery gas. just the oil and the light for the 4x4
Comanche 89 4.0

I'm at my wits end here, got ideas?

thanks

Have you tried my suggestion to check the sender with a multimeter?

If you remove the wire from the sender and leave it hanging in the breeze, where is the needle on the gauge? (With the ignition on, of course.) Then if you ground the wire directly to the engine block, where is the needle on the gauge?

Lenny, you have three or four different threads going on this one issue, on two different forums here (OEM and Mod Tech), plus you have PMd me multiple times. Several people have offered suggestions on how to trouble shoot this, and after reviewing all the threads I can't see that you have reported back with the results of any of the basic checks that have been suggested. How can we help you if you keep saying "Help!" and don't give us any information?

Therefore, I will repeat: If you remove the wire from the sender and leave it hanging in the breeze, where is the needle on the gauge? (With the ignition on, of course.) Then if you ground the wire directly to the engine block, where is the needle on the gauge?

Last edited:
Back