• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Armrest covering?

Fatalfunnel

NAXJA Forum User
Well guys, I broke my ankle last night, so it looks like I'm gonna have some time to do some of the smaller projects, heres one:
The vinyl covering is coming off of both of the front armrests (the ones on the doors). It is so bad that I cant imagine that nobody else has experienced this problem.
-Is there a simple, GOOD, fix?
-What kind of glue would you recomend?
-Is the freakin armrest plastic welded to the door panel as I've heard before?
-If I cut the plastic welds, can I effectively re-attatch the armrest?
-If the moon were made of cheese.....would you eat it?

Oh yeah, any tips on patching large, leg sized holes in sheetrock ceilings would be appreciated too :(

also:
1997 Country
auto

Last edited:
mines starting to do the same thing. not too bad yet, but its getting there. there are 2 screws under neath the armrest on an angle, and then depending on wich type of arm rest you have, it may just come off, or you may have to rotate it a bit if you have the grab handle style arm rests, then just pull it out.

I'm reviving this thread since nobody answered it. I too have the same problem. My armrest vinyl is coming off realy bad. The problem is it's foam on the underside so I don't know what kind of glue will hold it well.

Back