• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock backspacing 15x7" Ranger/Explorer wheels?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
I need some wheels with less backspacing. I have 33x12.50s on stock 2001 XJ wheels. Does anyone know if stock Ranger 15x7 wheels have less backspacing than stock XJ wheels?

WOW you got someone to mount a 33x12.5r15 on a 15x7

i tried once and the wheel machine almost killed me...
no one i know would mount that setup...

Did a little searching and asking around on www.therangerstation.com and found that on alot of rangers they came with 15"x7" with 4.5 to 4.75 of backspacing. I got my rims off of a broncoII. They are American Racing rims that are 15"x8" with 4.50 backspacing. As XJ Ranger kindof said, a 33"x12.5" tire is not a good fit onto a 15"x7" rim. Do some searching aroung local junkyards to see what you can come up with. I got mine for fifty bucks in great condition.

Kim.

XJ_ranger said:
WOW you got someone to mount a 33x12.5r15 on a 15x7

i tried once and the wheel machine almost killed me...
no one i know would mount that setup...

I have 36 12.5 tsl's on 15x7 never had a problem mounting them at all
the never come of the rim i usualy air down to 7 psi, check out the pic section on this web site mine is the brownish colored xj
http://www.kawartha-offroad.com

My '93 Ranger came with 15 x 8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

85xjwoody, what kind are yours? I've been trying to find a steel "wagon wheel" type with 4.5" bs but they all they seem to come in is 3.75"

D

bcguy said:
My '93 Ranger came with 15 x 8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

85xjwoody, what kind are yours? I've been trying to find a steel "wagon wheel" type with 4.5" bs but they all they seem to come in is 3.75"

D

My rims came off of a BroncoII. I think the year was 89 or 90. They are American Racing rims 15"x8" with 4.50 inches of backspacing. They stuff pretty good with very minimal rubbing. Just got lucky spotting them at the junkyard when I was getting a driveshaft.

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
My rims came off of a BroncoII. I think the year was 89 or 90. They are American Racing rims 15"x8" with 4.50 inches of backspacing. They stuff pretty good with very minimal rubbing. Just got lucky spotting them at the junkyard when I was getting a driveshaft.

Kim.

Cool! I'll have to have another look at American Racing. Thanks

Darren

Trail Xj said:
I have 36 12.5 tsl's on 15x7 never had a problem mounting them at all
the never come of the rim i usualy air down to 7 psi, check out the pic section on this web site mine is the brownish colored xj
http://www.kawartha-offroad.com

the sidewall on a 36 and the sidewall on a 33 are two different things when mounting wheels...

Does anybody know the bs on a 17" explorer wheel?

Back