• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36's on 6"

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running a 36x12.5" tire on about 6" of lift with trimming? I am adding a budget boost on top of my lift and am considering some 36" TSL's.

i'm running 36 IROKS on 8 inches of lift and cut fenders.i still rub pretty hard .you would need to have some pretty big bump stops which would pretty much restrict your up movement .

I have 36'' TSL/SX on 4'' lift with hella triming and wider axles. No rubbing with small bump stops. My printer with usp cable is messed up or I would post a pic. :eek:

i'm between 6" and 8"........you can trim the snot out of your finders and keep them looking nice, along with some craetive flare trimming as well.
P31900701.jpg

on the front, i raised the fender flares up to the crease....about 2". follow the line along the back and that lops off almost 6"......which is where most of the contact occurs.
havaclimb.jpg

the rear, if you keep the the flares, is only a minimal trim job. the lower front portion at the rear door is the problem area. the whole rear fender is one big pinch seam......so unless you cut and reweld that seam.....you'll need a big hammer. just cut as much as you can and roll the seam over with a hammer.

What axle's and gear's are you guys using with those 36's.

BingBing said:
What axle's and gear's are you guys using with those 36's.

dana 44 front........w/ dana 30 outters....30 spline and x760 ujoints
high pinion 9 rear......w/ 35 spine shafts

with a 36" tire and any smaller front ujoint......you will have issues.
even the x760 is questionalbe.

I am allready trimmed and lifted, just thinking about some bigger meats when I add the BB. I will be running HP30 with alloys and D44 with alloys.

96XJCLASSIC said:
I am allready trimmed and lifted, just thinking about some bigger meats when I add the BB. I will be running HP30 with alloys and D44 with alloys.
You should be ok if you keep off the gas. I've seen guys bend control arm mounts on the axle when they run tires that big on a d30 though, so you may want to truss it and reinforce the mounts before you go bigger. Invest money on "prevenative" maintenance, and you'll be glad you did. Just 3 weekends ago, a friend of mine in a tj was running 36's that he borrowed from a friend, and he bent all of his control arm mounts, so it would REALLY be a good idea to reinforce them. I've got pictures of mine if you'd like to get some ideas.

xjj33p3r said:
You should be ok if you keep off the gas. I've seen guys bend control arm mounts on the axle when they run tires that big on a d30 though, so you may want to truss it and reinforce the mounts before you go bigger. Invest money on "prevenative" maintenance, and you'll be glad you did. Just 3 weekends ago, a friend of mine in a tj was running 36's that he borrowed from a friend, and he bent all of his control arm mounts, so it would REALLY be a good idea to reinforce them. I've got pictures of mine if you'd like to get some ideas.

I am planning on reinforcing the control arm mounts and boxing the lower mounts with weld on skids.

Back