• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Temp Guage issue

Highmiles

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '99 Sport that is bone stock in the engine. On my way home from work today, in my normal heavy traffic, the temp guage jumped from its normal 210* up to 250*.

I'm now assuming the worst. I'm stuck in the left lane with heavy stop and go traffic all around me. I turn off the AC, roll down the windows and start looking for a break down lane. Before I can even get out of the left lane, the temp guage drops back to its normal 210*.

I'm a gambling man, so I decide to hit the AC again, and sure enough, it goes back up to 250*. I turn the AC off, and it goes back to 210*.

I left the AC off until we started moving again, but drove 50 miles home at highway speeds with the AC blasting and the temp never moved of its 210 mark.

There is fluid in the overflow bottle up to its full line and no leaks visible around any of the hoses or cap.

This is the first time this has happened and I am just wondering what this might be? Any suggestions?

thanks,
Chris

Back