• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guage swap problem

MUDTRUK

NAXJA Forum User
I have swapped my idiot light cluster in my 91 MJ for a full guage cluster from a 93 cherokee. My problem is the sending units. I have tried autozone, autovalue, and napa and non of the sending unit they have specified for the 93 will work with my plugs. My oil temp plug has a single spade terminal and the 93 sending unit has a pin terminal? The plug for the coolant temp is also a different shape than the one in my MJ... What gives? I have tried several diff. years and both MJ and XJ, no luck... Anyone? Thanks, Judd

Would it be the same as the one I got, (did the swap recently) for my 95, the part number (from my reciept, not the box) was OP6695SB (NAPA) Anyway, to those doing the swap, expect that asking for the "one for gauges, not idiot lights" is probably going to fly WAY over the head of the parts guy working there. Also, nobody has the temp sendor, which was broken (at the terminal) even before I swapped. I am going to have to order it online from one of those sites that specializes in JEEP parts- do a search :) I guess you just get both online from a well stocked source (tellico4x4.com ???)

Anyway, I am going to do a full write up about the swap later.

As I understand it, the 91 and 93 full clusters are identical (which is why it swapped in to your truck) but what if the 91 and 93 oil pressure and coolant temp senders are different between the years? Did you try asking for 1991 year parts?
Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

Hey Pete, how's it going? I looked at parts for years 89-97 and non of them were correct... I guess I'll have to try to get the plugs off the donor and splice them in... Hey Pete, do any wheeling? Trying to get a trip together for this fall, either Paragon or Badlands, you're still in MI right, I'm in Monroe... Thanks, Judd

Yeah, you could say I did some wheelin'. :laugh3: I drove the ol' girl out to Moab/Colorado/Rorp and back. :D The photos are at www.picturetrail.com/petermontie
The Comanche Club is thinkin' about the Badlands or Rorp or Haspin Acres in late October.
Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

103747005.jpg

Back