• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf pack question

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
my plastic pads inbetween my leafs are all coming out.. can anyone tell me why? i have rustys 4.5 packs.

I don't have personal experiencewith Rusty's products, but your leaf packs should be held together by a center pin - which might have broke. Take a look at the parts that came out and see if they have a hole (5/16") that the pin should be going through. Or maybe they are just breaking apart from a lot of flexing if they don't have holes?

they do have holes, checked the center pins and there still good. is it okay not to have the teflon pads anymore?

Are the holes intact?
If they're just broke around the bolts you're fine; the pads just help the leaves slide easier. If the pads have intact holes - your center pin is broke somewhere. (Can you check your center pins without undoing your u-bolts?)

Are you talking about the pads at the ends of the leafs? If so I don't think they are bolted on. The plastic is probably just old & weathered & falling apart. Your springs will squeak more if all the pads are gone. I would check with Rusty or a parts store for replacements. JIM.

I've replaced the pads with 2mm thick pure PTFE (very soft), installed with grease on the top and nothing in the bottom, after two days of run, the pads, under the pressure of the spring having made itself the print of the hole and stay there

these guys came out after only 3 weeks of having that leaf pack in... :-\ is something busted then?

Are the springs fanned out, do you have the leaf clips on? How about the spring arc. New springs have a tighter arc which if to tight could make the ends have some space in them.

there a little fanned out and i have the clips in.. i also have the u bolts at the right tightness. is it just becuase i flexed to much?

the only real purpose those little circular pads on the top and at the ends of the leaves are for eliminating squeaks as the spring extends and compresses while driving, i think my rusty's leaf packs may still have one intact out of all of the leaves and the squeekiness isn't even noticable, no where nearly as bad as stock leaves w/ an AAL installed..

what you're experiencing is normal for those springs maybe call rusty and complain or not, either way they'll be fine, they just disappear somehow, friction/heat or something causes em to pop off

Back