• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC vents problem

schmiedel

NAXJA Forum User
My cherokee is a 1988 Pioneer.

I have seen some posts about this issue, but I need some specific help. My ventilation system is blowing all the air to the windshield, which indicates a problem with the vacuum system. I checked the system and I never found the vacuum tank behind the front bumper; in fact, the vacuum line ends just beside the battery and has a plastic cap on it.

I'll get my AC fixed in the next two or weeks, and I expect them to fix this system too, but I don't want them to sell me expensive parts I could get somewhere else, so what I'm asking for is some information about why my XJ doesn't have the vacuum tank and why the line ends with a plastic cap.

This should be the canister I'm looking for:

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/bumper/custom00/fwbwinchmount.jpg

If I don't find the same part, could some other work for me?

Regards

schmiedel said:
My cherokee is a 1988 Pioneer.

I have seen some posts about this issue, but I need some specific help. My ventilation system is blowing all the air to the windshield, which indicates a problem with the vacuum system. I checked the system and I never found the vacuum tank behind the front bumper; in fact, the vacuum line ends just beside the battery and has a plastic cap on it.

I'll get my AC fixed in the next two or weeks, and I expect them to fix this system too, but I don't want them to sell me expensive parts I could get somewhere else, so what I'm asking for is some information about why my XJ doesn't have the vacuum tank and why the line ends with a plastic cap.

This should be the canister I'm looking for:

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/bumper/custom00/fwbwinchmount.jpg

If I don't find the same part, could some other work for me?

Regards
Mine don't look like that, mine is about 1/2 that size and has only one line.

The one in the picture was for a front axle disco system, mine looks just like the float on a toilet valve..

You system should work without the tank, but sometimes the vents will close under acceleration with out the resorvor tank.

Back