• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waterfall from '92 XJ Sport

TucsonAZXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to send a huge Thank You for all of the great info on this Forum! It's reassuring to know there is a resource of experienced, thoughful XJ owners to provide such spot-on info.

Recently my 1992 stock 4.0HO with 138k sprung a MAJOR leak. Rig would overheat at idle, and then settle back to just about normal as the speed increased. Strange thing - even when overheating, thee temp would come back down whenever I turned a corner! On shutoff, water would POUR out of the front of her. As this is my DD, and I was short on $$$, this went on for about 1 week with daily refills of H2O. Mechanic R&R'ed the water pump, flushed & filled, and did an oil change for $230. Thankfully, no head-gasket damage! Would have liked to do the T-stat, but, hopefully, that can wait. As it is not uncommon for Tucson to hit 105 on a daily basis during the summer, I am considering using WaterWetter, and possibly SeaFoam'ing for good measure. Only 'mod so far is an AirTube and K&N.

Next, to battle the dreaded DW!!!

Dad and I did a Trans-Pro 3 row radiator and 195* T-Stat on mine last saturday as well as a Prestone flush and then a straight water/bakingsoda flush for the past week. Last sunday I was coming home from work in 103* and it ran just below 200* all the way home. Dad and I filled it with Prestone Premix and it was fine last night and this morning.

Back