• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What type of locker is this? I think its a Detroit

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
A while back i was describing my locker to one of y'all and you said you dont know what it is and when i go to change the gear oil and check it out to take a picture and post it and you might be able to tell what type of locker it is. I think its a detroit so let me know what you think.
-Dustin :us:
rear3.jpg

rear1.jpg

factory track-lock? is that a d35?

not a d35 tracklock - thoes look like this:
IMG_3504.jpg

fdsa487 said:
A while back i was describing my locker to one of y'all and you said you dont know what it is and when i go to change the gear oil and check it out to take a picture and post it and you might be able to tell what type of locker it is. I think its a detroit so let me know what you think.
-Dustin :us:
rear3.jpg

rear1.jpg
Hmmmm it's a full carrier one, but it doesn't look like a detroit no spin. Maybe it's the Detroit LSD? Check those out: http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm

Looks like a detroit to me...mine for a 8.8 looks exactly the same.

EDIT sorry No-Slip/Softlocker Detroit

Last edited:
Its a Detroit, just one for a c-clip application. Thats why it has the block with the retaining screw screwed in to it. That opening when the pin is removed is so the c-clips can be removed/installed.

explorer said:
Its a Detroit, just one for a c-clip application. Thats why it has the block with the retaining screw screwed in to it. That opening when the pin is removed is so the c-clips can be removed/installed.
Ahhh that makes sense :D

T&A-XJ said:
Looks like a detroit to me...mine for a 8.8 looks exactly the same.

EDIT sorry No-Slip/Softlocker Detroit

Softlocker = a locker that is just more "streetable" than a solid locker, right? Locks on torque demand? I hear it when i turn sharp, accelarate from a stop and slow down to a stop light/sign, whatever.

it is a new detriot soft locker for c clip axles
more streetable then the older style detriots
they stopped making the old style so al new detriots are soft lockers, they made it that way to have more appeal to the public for dd's. i like mine perfectly well. i was used to having a lock rite in the rear and hearing it rachat around turns, when i put this in i was wondering if it was working. perfect for my xj

Back