• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood vents

viperbaron

NAXJA Forum User
Dayum, it sure is hot out here in Colorado now.
Where can I get a set of those hood vents? How hard are they to install?
Wanna' keep my 4.0 cool & happy.
Anyone with them have any problems as a result of installing them?
Thankx!

Just recieved mine friday from this guy. Sent him Money order and he shipped the vents. $35.00 shipped to your door.
[email protected]
When you install them...Measure, measure, measure. I found the best way was build you a template out of some cardboard and tape the hood up good and trace them on the hood and cut them out.

I got mine for $35, thanks to ChubbyHick, a forum user here. I think they could be more 'open' than they are, but even so, alot of heat escapes through them. Even if they don't lower the under hood temps by any amount, it was fun to destroy the hood :laugh: . My mom stopped by, the look on her face was priceless! Plus, they look great and for $35, why not?

106285151.jpg

106285163.jpg

106285170.jpg

106285174.jpg

Just a side note about moms. The 1st time my mom saw my YJ after the SOA lift she thought I had gone off my meds! "I can't believe you ruined your cute little car"!

Nice pix! Thanks. Can you post a pic of the vents from the underside (inside) of the hood?
I wonder what a set of the old Trans Am or Z-28 gills would look like on the hood?

I've been looking for a set of old, 1978 Chevy camaro Z28 fender louvers to use as hood vents. Anyone have a set for sale or know where/who I can get a set from?
They look like gills.

The Chrysler Lebaron vents are the most functional and best you can put on your XJ. I'll post up when I get some more to sell. Now don't those vents at the top of the page look pretty? :laugh3:

FunJeep said:
Just recieved mine friday from this guy. Sent him Money order and he shipped the vents. $35.00 shipped to your door.
[email protected]
When you install them...Measure, measure, measure. I found the best way was build you a template out of some cardboard and tape the hood up good and trace them on the hood and cut them out.

Thanks FunJeep, I'm glad you like them. I'll look to gather up some more in a month or so.

Big Red said:
Now don't those vents at the top of the page look pretty? :laugh3:
QUOTE]

Look pal, my Jeep ain't pretty.

I found this little deck plate on eBay.
I will use it as a vent when needed by just taking the plate off, and when I am in a situation where I need a snorkle I will hook a 3" tube to the AIRAID and run it through the hole up to the roof rack where I have an air filter mounted.
I've debated using screen vents but was not fond of the idea of rain running through the hood onto the engine.

1122320164_1.jpg

1122320486_2.jpg

1122320519_3.jpg

im happy with mine:)

2005_0718JUNE05HISZPANIA0428.jpg

85-92 trans am gta firebird hood vents ,
Item number: 7975438752

Back