• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police-type spotlight install...anyone know how?

Dvipercop

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine gave me a free spotlight (like police have, the directional kind) and I want to mount it in my XJ. Only problem is, I don't have any kind of instructions and kind find 'em on the net. Anyone know a site that has 'em? Or has done this before themselves? It seems fairly easy, but knowing my luck, I'd manage to screw something up.

you'll need the correct installation kit, which will come with a template showing you where to drill. once installed, you make a couple of adjustments, and attach the power lead- it grounds to the body through the mounting screws.

without the correct mounting bracket, you won't be able to install it correctly. you can get the brackets from www.galls.com

http://www.unityusa.com/420-a.pdf

9.jpg

why's everybody gotta waste my flava......damn....
97xj084.jpg

Galls should have something that would work.
Overtons boat supply also has (had) remote light kits for boats. You can mount an electronicly controlled light and operate it with a remote in the cab of the vehicle.

viperbaron said:
Galls should have something that would work.
Overtons boat supply also has (had) remote light kits for boats. You can mount an electronicly controlled light and operate it with a remote in the cab of the vehicle.

Bling Bling..

i have 2 i grabbed from some impalas in the junk yard 2 years ago and never put them in b/c they seemed long and didnt want to drill. now i am looking into it and want them in asap. i took all parts from the cars and didnt find an xj fit kit for it so should it bolt up with what i have?

it is an old post but figured i would bring it back

Pretty sure all the lights are the same, just need the inner and outer bezels.

Back