• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering stablizer shot???

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
OK since i got stuck in the mud my steering has been ok exept for one problem,, when im sitting still and go to turn the wheel, i have to use effort and i didnt have to do that before. I have a white trailmaster on there now and it caught mud inside the boot. If the stablizer is shot then i have a gray one that i can replace it with but i wanna make sure thats the problem first. She steers perfect on highways and residential roads, no vibes, fluid is new and good, and turning while driving is a snap so it cant be the pump.
Does anyone else out there agree that i need a new steering stablizer????
Please help; im hittin a run in 2 weeks!!

Jeepkid8037 said:
When your at a dead stop, does it make it easier to turn if u rev up the motor?
Not sure but will test tomorrow for that. In the mean time let me know what it may be if i do rev it up and she steers better or if it remains the same??? I do have another trailmaster stabizer in gray so i can use that if i figure out that its the shockitself.

Thanks for the reply and please write back!!
Gerard

If it's easier when you rev, it's not the stabalizer. Check for leaks and bad hoses, if these are okay it's most likely the pump.
I had a simalar problem and discovered it to be a bad hose.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
If it's easier when you rev, it's not the stabalizer. Check for leaks and bad hoses, if these are okay it's most likely the pump.
I had a simalar problem and discovered it to be a bad hose.
Or a pinched line?

or you could replace or just remove the stabilizer and see if that is the problem yourself...

Back