• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front leaf spring shackle hangers

jeepmj_tj

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to see some pics of peoples front shackle hangers for those who have gone with leafs up front. Im trying to decide how i wont to build mine.

I have a rigidco front bumper with the extra side plates. I've searched all over for pictures but know one has any real good pics of their actual mounting.

thanks for the input.

jeepmj_tj said:
I'd like to see some pics of peoples front shackle hangers for those who have gone with leafs up front. Im trying to decide how i wont to build mine.

I have a rigidco front bumper with the extra side plates. I've searched all over for pictures but know one has any real good pics of their actual mounting.

thanks for the input.
click the link in my sig to my buildup thread. I used 4x4 1/4wall angle steel for a front crossmember, several people have also done it way since, I've had zero problems with it and haven't heard of any from others.

BrettM said:
click the link in my sig to my buildup thread. I used 4x4 1/4wall angle steel for a front crossmember, several people have also done it way since, I've had zero problems with it and haven't heard of any from others.

I looked at your build up several times, but couldnt figure out if you were running a front shackle with a bushing made into the upper end or if your shackle hanger was going to have the bushing in it ( like a stock style yj front spring hanger)

also what is your spring pad width?

thanks for the input.

jeepmj_tj said:
I looked at your build up several times, but couldnt figure out if you were running a front shackle with a bushing made into the upper end or if your shackle hanger was going to have the bushing in it ( like a stock style yj front spring hanger)

also what is your spring pad width?

thanks for the input.
my shackle hangars are some 1/4" plate drilled with a few different holes, then my shackles are XJ style with the bushing in the shackle on one side. You could certianly do it the YJ style with the bushing on the frame, but then if you want to change the mounting location you have to reweld the bushing somewhere else instead of just moving it to a different hole.

my spring pad width is 2.5", or do you mean between the spring pads? that is somewhere around 31.5 inches between centerpins, I don't remember exactly, but whatever is stock seperation for Waggys and YJs.

Back