• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clips for bastard leaf pack build

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
wondering if anyone knows where I could order some clips for my leaf packs.

I built my own leafs and they work well cept that they tend to move around when they flex . I tried the shops in town but nonehave what IM LOOKING FOR ??

ANY IDEAS ???

I though about welding some to the bottwom leaves and then bending em
around and using a cross bolt at the top but the consensus is not to weld to leafs

Husky Spring.

Their web site URL has been posted, so a search should find it. It might even be www.huskyspring.com but I'm not sure.

What you're looking for is called "rebound clips." They are two pieces that slip together around the spring and then you bend over two tabs to lock them in place.

Try and find the clips like the ones in this pic....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/64838123/64838540HkEtjO

They don't wrap around the entire pack like most which will limit the spring droop. They only attach at the bottom and have two tabs that go vertically up the sides of the leaf pack to keep the leaves straight. There is also a bolt that joins the two tabs about 1.25" above the uppermost leaf back that prevents the pack from seperating too far when drooping.

Bender said:
Try and find the clips like the ones in this pic....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/64838123/64838540HkEtjO

They don't wrap around the entire pack like most which will limit the spring droop. They only attach at the bottom and have two tabs that go vertically up the sides of the leaf pack to keep the leaves straight. There is also a bolt that joins the two tabs about 1.25" above the uppermost leaf back that prevents the pack from seperating too far when drooping.
Yes, but that type requires punching and countersinking the leaves to accept rivets. The basic two-piece strap type are much less expensive and don't require all that work -- which means you don't have to visit a spring shop.

Eagle said:
Husky Spring.

Their web site URL has been posted, so a search should find it. It might even be www.huskyspring.com but I'm not sure.

What you're looking for is called "rebound clips." They are two pieces that slip together around the spring and then you bend over two tabs to lock them in place.

Yup that linky worked thanx Im ordering them tommoro

oh joy hasta

hey anthony..

check out skips spring down off valley view and hacienda...

Skips Spring Services
(702) 261-9917
5310 Procyon St
Las Vegas, NV 89118

they have all the leaf spring stuff, I got my ubolts made there.

Back