• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6" leafs

90whitexj

NAXJA Forum User
What are you guys using for 6" leaf springs. im looking into replacing my cheap RC 4.5"ers. I dont want to spend more than $400 because I could prolly just put coils under it for that. Let me know. Are rustys anygood or do they sag as bad as I hear?

6"+ isn't cheap, check out rustysoffroad.com, BOR is going to be more than $400. Many companies don't make larger than 4.5" leaf springs, you have to modify them, run shackles and/or blocks, or get BOR or custom springs.
I'm looking into getting 6" springs as well and am trying to get a hold of some used BOR springs.

Troy

I can make my own long arms for about $300 with all the parts. coils I could get used for next too nothing. Brackets for axles ect would put me just over $400.

Dude! call alcan, I ordered a set of 7.5 made to the exact dimensions I wanted for $410. Shipped.

BRPL XJ said:
wouldnt you need a TB as well?

yah i guess your right it would probably run me a little more. but the point is if Im going to spend all this $$ on leafs i might as well do coils and be done for now. I hear bad things about Alcan from two of the people I know who say they cant make a spring to save their life. But that is just from THIER expirience.

i am getting some 57 inch f 150 springs trying to get my jeep back up to 8 or so inches i'll let u know how that goes!!

stoney

I just had some alcans made for my MJ, they were shipped to my door for 480, and I am in VA. They specd out as 6 leaves, full militray wrap, and 2' over stock in a SOA configuration

Back