• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

throttle body spacers

jamck

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to the Jeep world (the only thing I have done in the past with any veihicle is drive it and change the oil.) Are throttle body spacers worth anything? What else can be done (relatively cheap) to increase power, or HP, or gas mileage?

They're worth the material they are cast or machined from. Not much more.

Power? I'd recommend you search, and since this isn't OEM Tech but rather Modified I'd look in there...

jamck said:
I am new to the Jeep world (the only thing I have done in the past with any veihicle is drive it and change the oil.) Are throttle body spacers worth anything? What else can be done (relatively cheap) to increase power, or HP, or gas mileage?
Same things that work for other lesser veihicle's works for jeeps.
Just what year/ model/engine are you asking about?

Best bangs for the buck - get a new air intake tube/filter (K&N, Volant, Pacesetter, Airaid, and Rusty's all make 'em). Rusty's is the cheapest. Then get a Borla catback system, to replace the restrictive muffler/tailpipe. That's good for 10-20HP. Skip the TB spacers and other gizmos. If you want a few more ponies, add the Borla headers and get the Hypertech programmer. That's about it, unless you want to swap out for a $3400 4.6L 260HP stroker block.

jamck said:

You'll find all you need to know and some here:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com

Back