• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Polly Bushing Kit Install???

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
How in the world do I fit the bushings in the holes?? they are about 2-4 mm larger than the hole?? I have a ball joint press that I used to remove the old ones but I dont think that this will work to press them in very well... Any opinions?? Should I just take them to a shop to have them pressed in (how much would that cost???) any opinions?? Also it came with this tube of white stuff (looks like male discharge) that I dont know what is for either??anyone??

BTW I am taking about the Daystar polly rear susrension kit.. It comes with greasable bushings for the leaf springs and shackles...

Thanks
Chris

That "male discharge" should be poly lube. Better use it or it's gonna sound like 50 mice fighting when you drive. The lube can also help you press them in.

probably use a bench vise. might even be able to use a c clamp with some blocks of wood over the ends

The mice will come, regardless. Do yourself a favour and add grease ports to your control arms etc now, so that you can squirt bushing lube in when they arrive.

Yours squeakily,
D

If they're actually 4mm larger than the hole then you've got the wrong size bushings. I put in poly bushings when I swapped my rear springs and once greased up well I was able to push them in by hand. They were a tight fit, but not oversize.

What are the advantages of poly bushings over the regular rubber bushings?

techno1154 said:
What are the advantages of poly bushings over the regular rubber bushings?

Stiffer, last longer, plays beautiful mice squeak sounds if you don't lube them often with the "male discharge"...

Back