• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery problem

kkerem

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

My chero (89 4.0) has a problem with battry, or some electrical problem. When my car is not used over a week, the battry is low (too low to open even doors). What devices are using the power when the car is not working? The problem is now over the year,´I bought also a new battery.

Also I have a vacuum problem or something like that. As I understood, that the front axle will be "connected" via vacuum...? Description of the problem is - when Im driving RWD, sometimes Part-Time indicator "comes up". The "shifter" is on RWD... So the indicator turns off, when I "play" with the heating and a/c system. Also, when the light is on, then I can't switch to 4WD.

Often the battery problem is inside lighting (or motor bay lighting). Glove box light switch sticking on. The light switch inside the rear hatch, covered in rust and grounding the inside rear light circuit (it my light very dim and be hard to see). There is a cable bundle under the drivers side carpet, that also often corrodes and causes a partial gounding of the inside light circuit. Look at the inside lights very close, they sometimes light very dim. Best to check them in the dark.
Do you have the full time, part time transfer (242) or the only part time (231) transfer? If you have a vacuum shift motor on the front axle, it will be on the rear passengers side of the front axle housing and have vacuum lines connected.
Many times problems with the vacuum shift, are from the 10mm vacuum line from the rear of the intake manifold, This vacuum line runs across the back of the engine bay, to the front on the passengers side, under the battery tray and to a vacuum canister (resivoir) behind the passengers side front bumper. The Vacuum lines sometimes rot or rub through and/or the vacuum line becomes disconnected from the vacuum canister. All vacuum lines should be inspected periodically.
Spraying a lite oil into the vacuum nipples on the shift motor (front axle housing) and the vacuum shift mechanism on the left rear of the tranfer case, sometimes helps the vacuum shift to work better.
Auch Deutch gesprochen, wenn English wird problematisch.
Wenn dein problem noch nicht erledigt ist, kann ich vielleicht weiter helfen.

Back