• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye ?

i just did a PORC SYE this weekend, i used my front shaft, i'm at 5.5"

mack said:
i just did a PORC SYE this weekend, i used my front shaft, i'm at 5.5"

Did the length work out for you okay?

Is it ok to run a front drive shaft all the time or should it just be a temporary fix? Also it match up to a dana 44 cause i have one that i am working on for my jeep, also it is a dd so it has to be dependable.

yeah, had just enough, thanks for your help.
Dirk Pitt said:
Did the length work out for you okay?

Jeep00xj said:
Is it ok to run a front drive shaft all the time or should it just be a temporary fix? Also it match up to a dana 44 cause i have one that i am working on for my jeep, also it is a dd so it has to be dependable.

Mine has been on a little over 2 years...no problems. First year of that was 50mi round trip each day on freeway. I lube it every so often. I used a driveshaft identical to my front one, came from a parted out XJ with low miles. Shafts didn't even look like it had been run. Was attached to a disconnect Dana 30. No issues.

Only thing you have to realize is that different drivetrains have different shafts. Longest shafts are fronts from 4.0L/AW4 combos.

I'll eventually break down and get a Woody, but it's hard to justify when I carry ONE spare and all 3 shafts are interchangeable. ;)

Back