• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixing MORE motor mounts

SARgroundpounder

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a set of MORE bomb-proof motor mounts back in '99 after my fan went through my radiator. Well, my fan just went through my radiator again.

Have any of you replaced the bushings in these? Any recommendations between poly or rubber replacements?

If you haven't tried already, you might want to call M.O.R.E and see what they say. They might even set you up with a new set seens as they are supposed to be bombproof. I think I have had mine for about four + years and they are holding together well. I hope they continue to do so seen as I have tolerated more incab vibes with the chance that they may safely last closer to 10 years.

MORE uses a standard lower control arm bushing for an XJ. They are available for less than $5 at Autozone. I would be really surprised if they gave up on you. I am running a stoker and have had no problems at all. I would be wary that the unibody is starting to flex really bad if you got the fan in the radiator. I am in the middle of a body swap on an XJ because I have more body flex than suspension flex.

Thanks guys.

I'll check the transmission mount, but I just replaced it with a stock one a couple of years ago.

I spoke to Steve at M.O.R.E. The ones I have are the older generation (powder coated silver with poly bushings). The LCA bushings won't work. I'll pull the bushings tonight and try to get a part number.

The bushings have been pushed forward through mount so I have metal to metal contact at the back of the mounts and a wide gap at the front. I'm afraid something else is wrong.

-Kevin

If you have to go through the route of buying something new, you may want to consider ones from rawbrown. Don't know if his are replaceable bushings or permanent, but hopefully they would provide for enough life that it won't ever be an issue.

If you have that much deflection in the mounts, there's something else wrong. tranny mount, more body flex than there should be, something. MORE mounts are top notch, I've used them for years, still have the original prototype 302 to CJ mounts in a good friends scrambler that were install over 6 years and 2 motors ago. Still holding true.

Rock Yacht said:
If you have that much deflection in the mounts, there's something else wrong.

That's my concern too. I was rearended awhile back by a Honda Accord hat went under my lifted XJ -- it totalled the Honda. I'm wondering if she shoved my driveline forward without me noticing it. I'll have to do a thorough inspection tonight.

I also swapped my D35 for a D44 recently. I'm wondering if my driveshaft is too long for the D44 pinion.

Back