• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough idle, bucking on warmup (97XJ)

Matt89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 XJ is starting to have problems with rough idle and bucking after it warms up a bit. It has done it twice so far and I have limped it to work the first time and it worked ok after that. This morning it did the same thing and I pulled into a parking lot and put the autoxray on it and I could see the load and map value running about twice what they were are normally. It kept doing it as I sat there so I turned off the engine and restarted it and things came mostly back to normal except for a slight lag in the idle down when I let up in the gas. I see from other posts I probably should have looked at the O2 sensors also. I have not gotten any trouble codes. Ideas on which parts to look at first ? Which o2 sensor would cause this 1 or 2 ?

thx for any info

Matt

Just to not have to start a new thread, I've been looking into this problem. My jeep seems to idle pretty rough on startup, and in general when it's not accelerated on too roughly, but when I do finally get over 5 mph, everything goes back to normal. This only happens when I start my truck, it never happens whenever I'm at a light or anything like that. Does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

When was the last time you put a set of new plugs in it check the cap and rotor while your at it bet ya find it quick.

Back