• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS Meritbadge?

OK, thanks to everyone's help I replaced the dreaded Crankshaft Position Sensor this weekend. Given the challenge of getting to this little bugger, I figured there ought to be a merit badge or something for actually replacing one!

It was quite a fun project, feeling around in the dark, wet nether regions of my bellhousing. All was going well until I dropped a bolt into the bellhousing (DOH!). Remove Torque Converter cover and go fish. Once I realized I'd put the first bolt in the wrong hole (on my bellhousing there's another threaded hole just below the lowe CPS hole), things worked much better.

I could now do that 2 hr. job in 30 minutes. Nothing like Braille repair work!

Dear Jeep-Scout,
You are to be comended in achieving this merit badge. However, know that a long road lies before you until you reach the lofty ranks of XJ PooBah. Along the way you will be challenged by the novice level cooling system ropes course, the intermediary level valve cover rock climb, and finally the elite level rear main wilderness adventure. If you succesfully pass these challenges, you will be allowed into the inner sacred circle where you are allowed to particiapte in the challenging and ancient Indian ritual...the A/C condesor replacement dance. Keep struggling my little tiger cub for one day you will be a wolf!
XJ Sachem

Back