• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf swap is it possible for a XJ????

Cris_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone I remember reading something about a leaft swap between a Dakota and a XJ and that will lift the XJ 3" is this correct ?? if so what year dakota ? and is this a direct bolt on or mods are needed? .....and if is not a dakota what other vehicle will work ?

The reason Im asking is because the person that install my add a lift install it in the wrong order so my stock leafs got flat , so instead of buying another stock leaf + AAL I want a full pack ,new they will run about $300 so Im trying to streach my money ...thanks

Go to your Junkyard and pick up either Dak springs or S-10 Springs. Dissamble them and chop the eyes off the main leaves. Take out all of the XJ springs but the mains and attach all the dak or S-10 leaves on the bottom of the main. This will give you between 3 and 4 inches of lift and practicly brand new leaf packs. They WILL NOT swap directly in the distance between the eyes on the pickup springs is longer.

Cris_XJ said:
My main with the eyes is almost flat , how can I arch it to fit the new/used leafs?

the other leaves will arch your mainleaf... dont worry about it

here is a picture of a mulit-add-a-leaf setup - you'll get the idea:
IMG_3090.jpg

see how all the leaves are differently arched and work to arch the main leaf?

this is what you will be doing...

search for Bastard Leaf Pack...

Cris_XJ said:
My main with the eyes is almost flat , how can I arch it to fit the new/used leafs?
Use a long 1/4" carrage bolt to bring the spring pack togther.
Hold them tight with a pair of vise-grips,
then replace the carriage bolt with the center pin.

Thanks everyone ...so let me get this straight , I will use my main leaf with the eye hole add the dakota/s10 leafs (without the main) to build a full pack and this will give me a 3" to 4" lift .??
If anyone had done this how is the ride ?
What year Dakota or S10 are we talking about?

Thanks

Back