• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about the 'OE' label....

Ronbo

NAXJA Forum User
In my search for a water pump, I've found new, remanufactured, and 'OE' listings. How reliable is the 'OE' rating? Can anyone verify these manufacturers and their parts are really original equipment rated?
Ex: Kragen carries Carter 'OE' pumps, which are twice the price of their Cardone and ASC line. How do I know it's the real deal and I'm not flushing $$ down the drain for an inferior product?

Ronbo said:
In my search for a water pump, I've found new, remanufactured, and 'OE' listings. How reliable is the 'OE' rating? Can anyone verify these manufacturers and their parts are really original equipment rated?
Ex: Kragen carries Carter 'OE' pumps, which are twice the price of their Cardone and ASC line. How do I know it's the real deal and I'm not flushing $$ down the drain for an inferior product?

How can you be sure? Go and buy one from Jeep. But really...why do you care? Just get one with a lifetime warranty, and if if dies again, get it replaced, it's only like 20minutes to change one.

Todd

Ronbo said:

if they claim it to be OE " original equipment " they probably feel justified in charging more.

Rebuilt, usually means once you get the experience changing it...you'll do it again soon. BUY NEW...with a good warrenty. Lifetime can be scary sometimes because every once in awhile...it takes that LONG to get a good one.

If you feel comfortable with it...roll with it.

Ronbo said:
I'm not into junk parts, don't know what else to say.

I didn't mean for you to buy junk parts, I simply stated to get a lifetime one. I typically get the Cardone one's myself.

Back