• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pitman arms

Twisted Copper

NAXJA Member #962
When I install my new 4.5" F&R springs, I'm thinking I'll use the 1.5" shackles and 2" spacers (actually netting 1.25" lift without the stock isolators). This will give me around 6" of lift.

I see most people use a 1.25" drop pitman arm at 6.5" or more.

I think I read on this forum that a ZJ arm has a 1" drop over an XJ arm, so what do you think... should I just get a ZJ arm? I'm thinking that 6" of lift has got to be too much lift for the stock arm and I definately don't want to deal with bump steer. I already have an adjustable trackbar (RE).

Oh yeah... before anyone gets any ideas about stumping for a SYE or that 6" is too much for a short-arm suspension... I'm going to do the SYE & T.Woods DS and I'm putting on RE drop brackets and braces at the same time.

I got more or less same amount of lift and the drop pitman arm helped out with the steering. It could have been about 1/2" lower but it is what it is. Btw when you do the drop pitman arm REINFORCE the steering box mount points. Your best bet would be the c-rok kit as you will be putting more strain on the mount points.

Kejtar said:
I got more or less same amount of lift and the drop pitman arm helped out with the steering. It could have been about 1/2" lower but it is what it is. Btw when you do the drop pitman arm REINFORCE the steering box mount points. Your best bet would be the c-rok kit as you will be putting more strain on the mount points.

I agree about reinforcing the steering box mount with the c-rok kit. I just finished doing this and i really like the product.
http://c-rok.com/sb.html

Back