• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Stainless Header

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
Let me start off by saying what a cheap piece of crap. I bought this header from Rubicon USA back in early April when I replaced my engine. Everything was fine until about a few weeks ago with I started to hear a exhaust note from the driver side when I gave it gas. Well after driving that way a few weeks it was time to replace. Rubicon didn't have one, so the company that makes it sent me one from New Jersey. I figure great easy install/replace everything is fine. Well when I got the old one off the story told itself.

picture.JPG

If you look you can see the blow out of the exhaust. So replace the gasket and put the new one on and job done.
picture.JPG

Now your thinking that isn't the new header that is thestock one. Right you are. Because the company who makes this piece doesn't plane the flange, it isn't level on the old one which is the black burned area on gasket. BUT the real kicker is that it isn't level on the new one. So Rubicon can have them both back with the old gasket for a refund. I'm kind of pissed as you can guess.
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

These are the pics of the old gasket and old header and the new header with a straight edge that is in the center, as you can see nothing is level.
If anyone is looking to get one of these 199.99 cheap jobs, save your money and go to the bone yard and get a stock one. They aren't worth crap. Thanks for therant, Juice

:eek: Holy Huge Pics:eek:

Back