• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting Leafs & axle??

I found some graphit paint for the springs, been on there for about a year and a half. The rear end I painted with Rustolium rusty meatal primer (spray) and after a week of cure, brushed on a middle thick coat of gloss Rustolium. A trick is to get yourself a can if spray Rustolium Gloss and a section at a time, just after it tacks, spray over the brush paint lightly, removes 90% of the brush strokes. A hemp or natural fiber brush works best.
I did a whole sandblasted frame, about 15 years ago, with Rusty metal primer and Rustolium Gloss Black, it´still looks good.
If you live in salt country, don´t paint the brake hard lines, if the salt gets under the paint, it promotes rot, the brake lines are better off, just naked and hanging in the air.

Bradlybob said:
If you're not interested in it looking super pretty just use the cheap stuff from Wal-mart. Flat black, cheap, works ok.

2x on the Wal-mart paint bomb

POR-15 is the only way to go ... looks like powder-coat after its applied onto rusty metal. Get some acetone to clean it off your hands, though...
regards,
jlex.

Back