• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

peugot transmission mount

rfurman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Every bodie, Iam new to your forum i need some help i have an 1987 jeep cherokee. with a peugot transmission five speed, I need a tranny mount if any body has any information or part#, please contact me by email [email protected] or phone 607-239-0560

I have an 89 with that french pile under it and after asking at schuck's, autozone, and napa I figured out that I'm screwed because they couldn't get one. It seems that the tranny mount manufacter realized how big of a pile that tranny is and stopped making those mounts. In all of their books it just said discontinued. I figured that they are trying to encourage us to switch over to the AX-15, that is what I'm doing.

Don't have the part# handy for the Peugot tranny, but NAPA has tranny mount for AX-15 for $33.00. I'm sure they have it for the BA 10/5. NOTE: If it's discontinued, try an aftermarket poly mount.

Last edited:
Do believe it's only a dealer item now. Expensive too. See if you can get a hold of Eagle through the pm's. He gave me some info on them and he's quite familiar with them.

its not even a dealer item anymore, national back order...I believe we used a wrangler peugot tranny mount...it only uses two holes on the trans instead of all 4...and you may have to drill some new holes in the xmember...going to have to research what year...If I can found out what we used I'll post it..

Our friends at rockauto.com list one in stock

I love rockauto.com
ANCHOR Part # 2625
4 WHEEL DRIVE / 2 WHEEL DRIVE $30.79

Detail.html

rfurman said:
Hi Every bodie, Iam new to your forum i need some help i have an 1987 jeep cherokee. with a peugot transmission five speed, I need a tranny mount if any body has any information or part#, please contact me by email [email protected] or phone 607-239-0560
It's available through DaimlerChrysler, and may be available through Crown. I just replaced it on my '88. Can't find the receipt so I don't have the part number -- sorry. My recollection is that I paid about $120 for it. It's not cheap.

If your's isn't completely toast, I would suggest dropping it and putting a couple of large fender washers on each bolt, between the mount and the tranny (or between the mount and the cross member), to shim the tranny back up where it belongs. Mine was in good condition, just squashed down after over 100,000 miles of driving (it's the second time I've replaced it). I kept the old one, and the next time (if the XJ lives that long) I think I'll just shim it.

Send an e-mail to <[email protected]> ... put ATTN: TODD in the subject line. Tell him Harwood mentioned that they can get the Peugeot tranny mount and ask him if it's a Jeep part or Crown, and for a price. Bradshaw Jeep is my dealer. They are good, they know their stuff, and they will ship parts.

Last edited:
partyncwby said:
I have an 89 with that french pile under it and after asking at schuck's, autozone, and napa I figured out that I'm screwed because they couldn't get one. It seems that the tranny mount manufacter realized how big of a pile that tranny is and stopped making those mounts. In all of their books it just said discontinued. I figured that they are trying to encourage us to switch over to the AX-15, that is what I'm doing.
ditto here ont the trans swap.

I have a peaugot mount if your interested I'll sell it to you for $15.00.I also have a complete tranny for sale also,I'll take $150.00 for it.

Last edited:
Back