• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Pitman Arm & 3" lift

XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Ive decided to get a 3" skyjacker standard kit for my XJ but it doesnt come with a new pitman arm or sway bar end links. Where can I get a 3" drop pitman arm and end links? Do I even need to bother with end links for the front and rear?

I got that kit on plus some spacers (sitting now at like 4" after the sag). Still have the stock pitman arm (only minor bump-steer) as well as swaybar end links. Don't think you even need them.

Depending on your year though (if it is a 97+) you may also want to consider an SYE or (at the very least) lowering the tranny. I was getting vibes in my '01 with just the 3" kit installed.

TheNerd

TheNerd said:
I got that kit on plus some spacers (sitting now at like 4" after the sag). Still have the stock pitman arm (only minor bump-steer) as well as swaybar end links. Don't think you even need them.

Depending on your year though (if it is a 97+) you may also want to consider an SYE or (at the very least) lowering the tranny. I was getting vibes in my '01 with just the 3" kit installed.

TheNerd

'88 XJ here

On that note...

I was told mine is a drop but am not sure. ANYONE have a side picture showing the amount of drop on a stock one? Anyone know the stock pitman arm dimension? I couldn't find it in the FSM

Back