• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

beadlock rings, double beadlocks?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I'm going to be welding some beadlock rings to the rims and I started to wonder if I don't want to weld something on the inside as well. I'm not worried as much about loosing a bead on the inside as I am about bending a rim (on a beadlocked rim it would suck if I trashed the rim). So I'm thinking about welding inner beadlock rings also on the inside of the tire without utilizing them for now (I can always remount the tire later to use them). What do you guys think?

not exactly sure what your saying but if you just looking to beef up the inside flange of the rim why not weld some steel to it around the perimiter. the other thing is with dual bead locks you run into problems with getting the tire getting out of round. why not run single bead locks with tubes that way even if you push in the inner bead you won't loose any air

bj-666 said:
not exactly sure what your saying but if you just looking to beef up the inside flange of the rim why not weld some steel to it around the perimiter. the other thing is with dual bead locks you run into problems with getting the tire getting out of round. why not run single bead locks with tubes that way even if you push in the inner bead you won't loose any air
well that's what would happen: the reinforcement would be an inner beadlock ring so that if I chose to, I could run it later as double beadlocks (sorry if I wasn't too clear but I am running on less then 4hrs of sleep now after spending half the night cutting beadlock rings out)

Many of the beadlock makers (Stocton wheel, Champion, OMF, Trail-ready) offer the "inside re-inforcment ring" as an option.

Back