• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Brake Question

slvr98svt

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I purchased a set of D44's from a guy local to me when I'm at college out in MI. Anyway he told me they came out of a 93 XJ, that was a police vehicle so it was heavy duty. However all the research that I have done tells me different. Especially when the front 44 is still leaf sprung, which I thought was never on a XJ. Anyway I am trying to narrow down what I have so that I can replace the brakes, and buy replacement parts. The rear axle measures about 43 1/2 from the middle of spring perch to spring perch which is the same as my 35 in my Jeep now. The brake shoes measure 11" the drums measure 12 1/2" by 3", and are 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern. The tag on the diff cover has 2 lines, the first is 8053004028, thats all I believe there is, then on the 2nd line I believe 2:72 which is what I calculated for the ratio, but I cant make out the rest. I believe they are just Waggy or XJ axles, but I cant track down what year, can anyone help me?
Thanks,
-Matt

Back