• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Causes of excessive heat from engine/transmission

newjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody pinpoint some of the Major contributors of heat from the engine bay? (4.0, aw-4) I am thinking about using some header wrap to insulate my exhaust manifold. Anybody tried this?? What kinda results?? My transmission tunnel and even my console get way to hot for my liking when I am just putting around in the woods. Any replies greatly appreciated. Thanks

The only real downside I can see, is that the header has a tendancy to crack, happens sooner or later to most everybody. Finding the leak and fixing it, if your so inclined, would be harder.

I've heard if there is no heatshield on your catalytic converter that can cause the tranny tunnel to be hot and even carpet to burn.

during the hotter months...this is a common occurance in most all cherokees.

Turn you AC on higher, or open up the window further.

Install a tranny cooler, or a bigger one if you already have one. Then install some vents in your hood. Installing spacers on the hood could also help.

Back