• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short arm 3 link?

Jeepkid8037

NAXJA Forum User
If i beefed up the pass side UCA mount on the axle, and removed the drivers side UCA would there be any benefit? Wouldn't there be less bind than the stock 4 link? Anyone tried this?

Currently at 4.5" of lift w/ 33" tsls. Rusty's LCA and stock uppers.

xjj33p3r said:
I've seen the passenger side taken off, but not the other way around.

How well did it perform? Was it a DD? I was thinking of keeping the pass side, because after reading a lot on mid-arms and 3 links, people say it is better to keep the UCA on the pass side. Nobody else has anything to say on this....?

Why?Your CA angles are already getting to the severe side!

Goatman has a 3 link with the upper only on the passenger side, his is more of a "mid-arm", a few inches longer than stock.

you will put more stress on your one upper and it's mount. I wouldn't trust a single stock upper for anything more than moving it around the driveway. The frame side mount should be beefed up as well IMO.

Since there is less bind in a 3 link (none in practicality) it would be better to use solid type joints such as heims, johnny joints, flex joints, etc on both ends of all the links rather than soft bushings like rubber or poly.

BrettM said:
Goatman has a 3 link with the upper only on the passenger side, his is more of a "mid-arm", a few inches longer than stock.

you will put more stress on your one upper and it's mount. I wouldn't trust a single stock upper for anything more than moving it around the driveway. The frame side mount should be beefed up as well IMO.

Since there is less bind in a 3 link (none in practicality) it would be better to use solid type joints such as heims, johnny joints, flex joints, etc on both ends of all the links rather than soft bushings like rubber or poly.

Thanks for the info. I think im just going to hold out till i get enough money/materials for a mid arm setup. I really like the way Goatman's setup looks.

EDIT: only problem is i am going to stick w/ 33's and the d30 for a year or so or until i start to break it. So i dont want to polish the turd tooo much....

Back