• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differences in Rusty's or TNT's longarm setup?

Jcrjet

NAXJA Forum User
I'm considering a longarm kit to improve my ride quality once and for all. I've narrowed it down to Rusty's or TNT bolt on kits. Does anyone know of the real differences between the two? They look similar, I've had good luck with Rusty's but thier shipping is exorbitant so I'm leaning toward TNT for the cost. Any input would be appreciated.

Jcrjet said:
They look similar...

Are ya sure aboot that? yeah, they're both radius arm setups that mount with a new crossmember, but that's about where the similarities end. The actual design of the arms and crossmembers are totally different.

My vote would be TNT.

Jeepin Jason said:
Are ya sure aboot that? yeah, they're both radius arm setups that mount with a new crossmember, but that's about where the similarities end. The actual design of the arms and crossmembers are totally different.

My vote would be TNT.
x2
you cannot be the clearance of the tnt kit

I love my early TNT kit. You gain better clearance from the TNT kit. The arms tuck up in between the rails where as the Rusty's kit sits somewhat below the rails. The TNT arms have a bend in them where the uppers meet the lowers and don't hinder ground clearance at all. You also have to keep in mind that the TNT kit has an integrated transfer case skid that you have to buy seperately from Rusty. I've seen both kits and both are great, but for the $$$, I'd go with TNT. My .02, take it for what its worth.

MIke

BTW, I'm running around 7" of lift and have NO issues with having the fixed upper arms.

I would go with the TNT kit
1. Integrated tcase skid
2. Stronger center section which is removable
3. Better clearance
4. Better price for the deal

5. not rustys

allthingsoffroad said:
have you looked at the rock krawler long arm?
i love it and its less $$$$$$

x2!! I love mine! Plus I watched a guy beat the ever living crap out of his RK kit on a TJ(same front setup as the XJ) and he has done it for months with out a single problem!!!

I must say from first hand experience with the TnT kit, it is flat awesome, great ride, great flex, great clearance and strong as hell.

xjj33p3r said:
I would go with the TNT kit
1. Integrated tcase skid
2. Stronger center section which is removable
3. Better clearance
4. Better price for the deal

If I were to go long arm, TNT would be getting my money. I try never to confuse price with value; a good value is easier to live with than a good price.

TIM

I just finished my TnT Customs radius arm install yesterday. I'd be embarrassed to say how long it took. I had lots of problems with broken bolts and such because of rust, just about gave it up to the junk yard.
Now thats its finished, this thing is cool. No more death wobble, no more bone jarring bumps, and this thing is BEEFY. I'll tell ya what, you could drop the jeep on a rock from several stories and it probably wouldn't scratch it.

allthingsoffroad said:
have you looked at the rock krawler long arm?
i love it and its less $$$$$$

also 2" less ground clearance, at this point TNT is th onely longa rm kit that does not LOOSE ground clearance. I am buying it for the 01 i Im building for a customer. I feel at this point it is the best product on the market

Back