• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Tie Rod install - Another alignment?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
Installing my Big Daddy tie rod today... My alignment has a 6 month warranty... will they honor it even though I upgraded tie rods? Can I align it at home good enough to get me to the shop?

barillms said:
Installing my Big Daddy tie rod today... My alignment has a 6 month warranty... will they honor it even though I upgraded tie rods? Can I align it at home good enough to get me to the shop?
You can align it with a tape measure and get it really close. Anyways couple ways to do it:
1. drop the tierod with the wheels on the ground.
2. adjust the new one to fit in the same way and bolt it up.

If you can't get it to come out with the wheel on and need to use a puller, lay them next to each other after you remove the stock one and adjust the new one to be close to the old one. Then bolt it up and use a tape measure to check the alignment on the tires (front and back of tire, search oem for more info). Lastly, drive through some puddles so the new tierod gets dirty and never tell them you've upgraded :D

Back